Saturday 28 April 2012

Perfect Day

So it's been a while since I last blogged and so so much has happened. I think maybe too much has happened for one blog entry so I'll try and be brief in each experience.

The last I noted I think we were in Sapa and about to head off to our homestay in the hills. This was incredible. We lived with the locals in the the depths of the glorious mountains for a night. To get to our particular house we had to trek along narrow paths, cliff edges, rickety bridges for six hours in 37*C heat- standard! But it was completely worth it. Take a look at the photos at just how beautiful Sapa is!!

After our night stay we got another night train from Lao Cai back to Hanoi where team Oreo (Nicola, Sarah, Stacey and myself made a music video for "don't stop believing" then fell asleep. Woke up and OH, HELLO BIRTHDAY!!

4am wake up on my birthday (Friday) and we get off the train about 4.30am and catch a bus back to our central hotel in Hanoi to re-pack for a trip to Halong Bay. The previous day Sarah and Nicola bought me a massage for my birthday and then today Stacey gave me a beautiful little figurine! Everyone sang happy birthday to me on the bus to Halong Bay- it was magical. When we got to Halong Bay we boarded out junk boat (see pictures) chose our cabins and then went straight of to Kayak in the bay's waters. Kayaking between the islands was just breath taking. Everywhere was a photo opportunity. We paddled into a remote area through a cave and everyone sang happy birthday again to me...something that was quite special.

After kayaking we watched the sunset on the bay then started drinking an dancing on board. The group bought me a bottle of Vodka as another preset and our tour leader also bought a bottle of vodka to celebrate- I drank a lot.

We did more karaoke- somehow we sang pretty much the whole "Adele Live at the Royal Albert Hall" playlist, as well as "End of Time" (Beyonce) and "Stronger" (Kelly Clarkson!)

After sufficient drinking and dancing I rang mum (in a very drunken state) and then laid on top deck watching the night sky of Halong Bay. All in all, a very magical and special 25th Birthday indeed! I genuinely cannot recall a time I have been this happy!

Currently now on our bus back to Hanoi for the final time where we grab all our belongings and get another 13hour night train to Hué. Following that we go to Hoi An for a couple of nights and then we fly to Ho Chi Minh and also the Mekong Delta.

Feels bizarre that we still have over a week to go. I feel like I've been away forever but I am seriously loving life right now. I'm surrounded by great people, beautiful scenery, incredible once in a lifetime experiences and weather to die for. I don't want to come home. I love my friends and family and of course Tobi, but I want to travel forever. I feel free.

Signing off for now. Need to re-pack everything and check how much money I have- spending a lot!!

Hope you enjoy the photos!!

Appreciate your surroundings.

Supertramp
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment